I've been gone a while. Without getting into the details, I'll just let you all know that I have been coping with a breakup, and then most recently, the death of my dog 'Tuff' who passed on yesterday afternoon. He was such a darling little man, and I miss him terribly. My heart is broken.
I feel horribly out of the loop, and there are 175 emails in my inbox, all labelled 'UFO'. I have a lot of catching up to do and hope to be writing more again within the next week or two. I have updates to add to UFO Mag blog, WOE, Queeranormal, and of course, here at IHW. I should also probably get on my next UFO Magazine column.
Yeesh! I fucking hate falling behind!
That's all for now. Take care and see you soon!
~Deirdre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











14 comments:
You have my sympathies. To be able to share in the life of a pet is a wonderful thing.
I'm sorry to hear about your break-up, and the loss of your dog. Animals do become part of our family, and it is hard when they go. Tuff obviously had a good life with you and was much loved, which is the important thing. I hope things improve soon.
Pangs and Emma-
Thank you so much for the kind words!
xoxo,
~Deirdre
~D
I am soooo sorry! Call me!
p.s.
Happy Birthday!
Love and light...
Allen
Thanks, doll. =)
I lost my cat Plato recently. He went quietly as we were watching Little House on the Prairie reruns.
Maybe Tuff will exercise him in critter heaven with a vigorous chase.
Welcome back,
Gary
I'm so sorry D - Tuff looks like he had a good life, and in the end it's all any of us can expect.
He had your love, and it's likely all he ever wanted.
Much love to ya my friend.
I am so sorry for your loss and tough relationship situations. I can definitely relate to it. I wish you only the cushiest of comfort and the easiest of paths to get through and heal.
Missing you,
Erik
Gary - thank you so much for dropping by and laying down some lines.
Jeff - You're a doll and I love ya. Thanks for the words <3
Erik - Very much appreciated. Take care.
Oh, and Gary-
I am happy to hear that Plato left quietly. Seems so much better that way. I found myself wishing that Tuff would let go before we got to the vet. I just would have preferred him to pass someplace he was most comfortable. But in the end, I don't even think he knew was very conscious of where he was, and he still had me there with him until the end. <3
~Deirdre
I remember feeling a sudden whoosh of faintness when Grayson, my cat, passed on, at the Vet. I was holding him at the time. He will be forever remembered.
Humans can be so cold, but our pets are so forgiving and loving. I thank God for all the other animal beings here.
Hope you are ok, and I'm always looking forward to hearing any of your future thoughts and ideas.
Take care,
Bob.
Hey Dierdre
Sorry to hear about your dog, Tuff; I know what it's like to lose a pet.
I also wanted to say that I just read your article - Saucers, Slips and Cigarettes - in the new issue of UFO Mag. Good stuff, and looking forward to seeing more of your writing in there!
Best,
Nick Redfern
Thanks Nick - nice of you to drop by, and very happy to hear you enjoyed the article.
Take care!
~Deirdre
@Bob-
Bob, you're very sweet. Thank you for your thoughts and kind words.
Talk with you soon,
Deirdre
Post a Comment