UFO Magazine

UFO Magazine

Recent Articles:

Recent Comments:

The Cool Kids:

Proud Member Of:

badge

5.17.2010

Circles, Sound, and Synchronicity

I just got finished telling Erik (at some point we're going to have to stop mentioning each other all the time) that I was going to review Colin's Paratopia appearance as well as his blog before writing up my piece about his presentation this past Saturday at the UFO Fest in McMinnville, Oregon. However, after mulling it over, I was concerned if I waited too long, I'd forget some of the intensity I experienced -- not only with Colin, but with the weekend in general.

I had an idea of what to expect with Mr. Colin Andrews, but I really wasn't prepared for the full impact of his presentation. It started off a little rocky for me, as he divulged to us (apparently for the first time) that he had undergone hypnotic regression in the past and that he had 'hidden' memories of being contacted, citing "little men" as part of this experience. You know how I feel about hypnotic regression as it applies to abduction, so it was difficult for me to roll myself over that first hurtle. But he then went on to explain that during this regression he recalled a specific location from his childhood. Upon returning to the location that was brought forth through the regression, he discovered the 'remains' of an old crop circle, one that was formed in his youth, and where the ground is still scarred to this day.


He was able to retrieve (and by retrieve, I mean purchase) his medical records from just after these events. A photo was shown to us, revealing his then youthful skin which had been subjected to an intense light from an object within the field the circle appeared (if I recall correctly). It was terribly blistered and added some impact to the situation and perhaps some veracity to this claim.

Later he presented us with an audio file of sound that was taken at the site of a (I think) different circle. At it's original speed, the sound was almost insect-ish sounding (don't worry, I'm not going to throw any praying mantis beings in here), white noise but with a definite pattern. Slowed down, the audio exposed a repeating tone, one that pulsated with an eerie drone beneath it. An audio recorder was also placed in a tree near the circle and a very similar tonal-pattern was discovered.

The original sound was heard by Colin while in the circle. He was alone when he first heard it and became unnerved by the experience. He said that he felt as if whatever was creating this sound was aware of his response to it, and stopped when he became uneasy. I wasn't sure what to make of this, but it did leave me considering that perhaps the vegetation we so often take for granted, has some form of conscious intelligence or is reactive to something output along with our emotions.

Something interesting to note -- apparently the four of us, Erik, Regan, her husband, and myself, all have noticed these little connections, individually, with Colin's presentation. You can read about Erik's here and Regan's here. Mine happened later that night after I had returned home. I switched on my surround system to listen to some music. I meant to hit the auxiliary button, but accidentally turned on the radio receiver instead. It landed on a default am station - a station that usually only produces pure static. But not this time -- this time it was producing this strong, patterned tone, with a very similar eerie drone backing it. It wasn't the exact same sound as Colin presented, but it had all of the key features, and had me pause for a few moments in confusion.

Colin believes the government and military are interested in this phenomenon more than they are letting on -- shocker there, eh? He said something that evening -- something simple, but it resonated with me, as it will resonate with many of you, I'm sure. He said "If we have people deceiving us, we ought to know about it". See? It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's important to remember from time to time. This idea is a large part of why I began IHW, to sort through who was bullshitting and who was being honest, as well as I could. It's why I pick on so much and why I'm as skeptical-natured as I am.

Much of his latter presentation delved into the military's involvement into the circles, his own experiences, his personal thoughts and a possible tie-in to 2012. The 2012 thing was and still is hard for me to choke down, but not unlike R2D2, I have been known to make mistakes... from time to time. If I'd taken better notes, I'd cover more of the event, but I became so captivated by the talk that I all but forgot to put pen to paper after the first 45 minutes. That and I was busy telling the assholes behind us to shut the fuck up.

Now that I got down the basic outline, I want to change gears a bit here and let you all in on something. Despite some of my misgivings and the occasional wincing throughout the presentation, I was wholly moved by the experience in ways that I cannot put into words or even hope to explain adequately. And I'm not alone. Regan, her husband and Erik found themselves in the same 'predicament'. Between Colin's words, the gentle roll of his voice, his research, his conviction, and his frankness, there was some sort of underlying transmission that seemed to hit us all in the heart. I say 'heart', but you can call it what you will.

I know how this sounds, and some of you may be concerned that I'm losing my marbles or succumbing to the darkside. I don't believe I am. Sure, I have no tangible evidence to help illustrate what exactly was going on, but this is the paranormal, kiddies. The reason we research and write about it is because we don't have a fucking clue as to whats going on. Some things you just have to take any way you can.

Colin's talk was also the seal on an incredibly enlightening weekend, for one Miss Deirdre O'Lavery. 'Enlightening' isn't the best word, but its the only word I can think of at the moment. From the minute we hit town until the minute we left, something happened to me. I became alive. I felt as if I were living for the first time in a very long time. All signs of my crippling anxiety had all but disappeared during those 2 days and the drudge of the world that has brought me so far down in so many years, weighed almost nothing at all. I had an epiphany of sorts, though it was not in the form of an impact. It was subtle and then when noticed it, it was amazingly huge. I am not quite the girl I was when I first entered McMinnville, and I don't believe I will ever be quite the same again.

There really are no words for this, so if you think you've missed something in my description, you haven't. This is the best I can do -- the only way for me to even remotely convey the spark inside of me. It wasn't the festival itself. It wasn't Colin himself. It wasn't the weather, and it wasn't the beer. But it was there and it happened to me.

I considered not saying anything about this, but ya know, I'm not going to start pretending I don't have unexplainable or bizarre shit happen in my life, or that I don't have non-scientific thoughts just because I'm worried what you, the general public might think. Fuck what you think - this is about me and my life. Like a number of us who have had experiences and are involved in the paranormal fields, we are in this in an attempt to get a handle on what the Hell is happening or has happened to us. Whether there is scientific evidence or not, it is occurring nonetheless.

7 comments:

Erik said...

...and this article is precisely why I love you so much my dear. It was every bit as frank, honest and authentic as Mr. Andrews' presentation. And from that light, all shadows and deceptions are sorely shone away...

Erik said...

BTW, I will never stop mentioning you my fellow esteemed colleague and partner. So there!

Deirdre said...

Well, I am awesome.

Erik said...

You're the awesomesterest one there is, DD Deirdre McDeirdstein!

Alfred Lehmberg said...

Worthy of poetry... Oh, wait! [g].

Deirdre said...

*smile*

Anonymous said...

Colin believes the government and military are interested in this phenomenon more than they are letting on --

It could be because the 'sound' has a hypnotic effect on the brain - the steady droning vibrations puts the brain in a highly suggestive state.

I wasn't there to hear the sound. But I recently saw a History Channel documentary about Stonehenge and how the original structure was acoustically perfect for the sound of drums being beat rhythmically in low droning tones.

Like Mr. Andrew's recording.

This, the theory goes, is how the tribe's shaman(s) accessed the gods in order to predict the fall harvest.

And remember, Stonehenge is a huge stone 'crop circle.'


~dad

Post a Comment