Fom The Paracast website:
Coming April 4: Gene and co-host Christopher O’Brien present an “Ultimate Abduction Round-Table,” featuring Budd Hopkins, Dr. David M. Jacobs and Kevin D. Randle. This is an episode you won’t want to miss!Jacobs refused to come on the show if Paul Kimball was involved, which to me says that he won't field any confrontational lines of questioning. Kimball has agreed to step back for the sake of the show. I have a feeling it will be a telling interview, regardless -- if you listen between the lines. Of course, as Jeff Ritzmann pointed out, Randle will be there, so some more direct questioning may still ensue.










17 comments:
Oh yes...I am enjoying the delicious squirming and nervous wiggling that is beginning to take place amongst the key players in this field. Let it be the "Death Blow" to Ufology.
Glug
Erik
Here's a mind-bender: If UFOlogy didn't exist, what would I make fun of?
Ha!
Here's a mind-bender: If UFOlogy didn't exist, what would I make fun of?
Answer: Devote more of your wit to put down EXO-politics!
I know it's still ufoology, but the egos are bigger IMHO and you'd still have fun! ;-)
Oh, EXO is often too ridiculous not to pick on, so I'm with ya, there! =)
Ah Deirdre....The World of Woo is boundless seemingly and so, your palpable and anecdotal shredding targeting any such well deserving asshat could also be as boundless as that. How is that for mindboggling?
Commence firing....
Yes, but everything outside of UFOs bores me. :p
Actually rumor is that Jacobs will be responding to the accusations and will also be posting a responce to the "Defamation Campaign"n (His Words) on his website in the near future:
http://www.ufoabduction.com/
About the Paul Kimball thing, I think Hopkins and Jacobs are trying to prevent a repeat of the craptacular Paratopica podcast episodes concerning Emma Woods. If you don't agree they are craptacular then please explain why it's okay to poke fun at someone who fears IM from hybrids when they themself claim to see an alien jump out of a fractal? LOL
Oh, and about the allegations/accusations... Let's keep an open mind until we hear Jacob's side. Let's not rush to judgement. If what Jacobs has to say doesn't cut it, then so be it, but lets all remain neutral for now.
Well that was anticlimactic. Pffft! Lots of host oriented verbal copulation for your listening pleasure. I hope they sanitized their monitors after their full contact Skyping...
No kidding.
Well, glad thats over. I was tired of people assuming we weren't keeping an open mind, despite the number of times we stated that Jacobs' side of the story could very well change things. So far it really hasn't.
What I have seen is a man who is not a mental health professional, discuss Emma (or Alice) as if he were a mental health professional, and that alone bothers me enough.
Oh, and the MPD thing was supposedly a ploy he was using. As if that makes a big difference.
I don't recall Jacobs ever discussing Emma (Alice)from the point of view of a health professional. The words analogous to that end or something similar might have oozed over his lower lip in rehearsed contempt, but not once do I think Jacobs ever looked at Emma as a patient.
His delivery of those words and his actions say that he sees Emma as more like a combination of a Specimen bred with a Slot Machine.
This is not the Jack Pot he was hoping for.
Tilt.
Erik
Actually I have a unique perspective on this, as I was brought into it by a friend of "Emma".
Personally, I expected more from Jacobs, but it is true what he wrote about what mental health experts say, cut off all contact and don't respond. However, I don't buy Jacob's excuse why he didn't cut off contact earlier, nor am I convinced that he thought at the time that Emma had mental problems. I'm sorta thinking that it was really an opinion formed with hindsight bias.
Also, it is true that "Emma" carried out a smear campaign against Jacobs, emailing shows he was to appear on on and responding in forums for a while. She admits this on the Paratopia podcasts.
"Emma" has written a rebuttal to Jacob's "Defamation Campaign" essay and has left a notice that she will no longer be updating her site while she attempting to pursue courses of action against Jacobs. So far her efforst have been futile and she has tried by Temple and the DHHS, as well as taking her complaints to public arena.
There is so much more I would like to write, but I definitatly don't want to be involved further in this topic.
I will end on this:
1.) If you were a Jacobs-hater before this broke back in 2006 or so, then you will view this as proof of your stance.
2.) If you believe that Jacobs can do no wrong, then you will ignore this issue.
3.) If you are open-minded you will realize there are wrongdoing on both sides and it's not as clear-cut as Jacobs-haters would like to suggest.
@Erik - I was referring to the tapes and some of his statement on his site -- not the show. There wasnt much of anything in the show. Perhaps 'discuss' wasn't quite the word I was looking for.
The MPD stuff relaly bothers me, as is probably apparent. Also, with statements like 'suspecting she was suffering from deep-seated emotional problems' -- not to mention the overall tone of the tapes (which yes, were edited down*). In his statement on his site, he does say that the MPD statement was a ploy to help her, and that she was aware of what was going on, but I'm not sure how much I buy it. If it were as simple as that, and Emma was aware of this and ok'd it, it would change my position a bit (although not my position on hypnosis). Still, I feel that whether she was aware of it or not, it was probably not the best approach, which her being under Hypnosis (and especially if he really felt she had deep-seated emotional problems.
Anyway, we all make statements about people from time to time, referring to their mental health, as a sort of speculation or knee-jerk response, but someone in a 'professional' position, such as Jacobs, who is performing Hypnosis (something I personally feel only mental health professionals should perform -- if anyone), gives the impression to others that he is a different kind of Dr. than he is, and/or that he is in a position to make those kinds of judgments -- even when people are aware of his actual credentials. There are a lot of Jacobs supporters out there who would take his opinion about her mental state as an accurate 'diagnosis' (to be clear, I am not implying he made an actual diagnosis), and to me that is a bit disturbing.
But if Jacobs really did suspect she was troubled in a way that was not related to abduction or that she suffered from poor mental health, why didn't he pull the plug on the whole thing sooner? Later he does ask an actual mental health professional, which was a good move -- but it might have been something he should have done sooner.
@Boy in the Machine -- I haven't read Emma's rebuttal yet. Thanks for the heads up. Personally, I wasn't a Jacobs hater. I never gave abduction hypnosis much credit, so I hadn't formed any hardcore opinions of any of the bigger names (Jacobs, Hopkins, Mack). After reading the statement on his website, it does present a few questions I'd like to know Emma's responses to -- which hopefully her rebuttal addresses.
"Emma" herself has now begun to post on the Paratopia Message Boards. Her responses are here:
http://paratopia.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=current&action=display&thread=1326&page=13
Erik
Thanks - I saw that she was posing, last night. I'll peak over again and see what the latest is.
She is also making the same blanketed defense statements on The Paracast Forums.
"Emma View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage
Paranormal Apprentice
Join Date Apr 2010
Posts 2
Thanks 0
Thanked 11 Times in 1 Post Re: April 4th show - Hopkins, Randle & Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs' response to my allegations on the show, and in the statement that he mentioned that he has just posted on his website, are a series of flat out lies and misrepresentation from beginning to end. It has exceeded even my worst expectations.
He even lied about Temple University, saying that they had sent me a letter saying that they would no longer respond to me. I have received no such letter from them.
I have begun to write a rebuttal to Dr. Jacobs' statement, which I have put on my website. I will update it as I go. It is at http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/rebu...id-jacobs.html
As Dr. Jacobs has tried to say that the content of my hypnotically retrieved memories are an indicator that I am mentally ill, I will be posting several audio clips from my hypnosis sessions of him creating false memories in me using extensive leading and suggestion.
I have already posted the first audio clip, which is of him implanting a memory in me while I was hypnotized of "aliens" performing a procedure on me. In my opinion, his use of leading and suggestion while conducting hypnosis is so extensive that he cannot be unaware of what he is doing.
Over the next few days I will also post the correspondence between Temple University and myself, as well as the first four parts of my submission to the Office for Human Research Protections, so that people can assess it for themselves.
I found it ironic that on the show, Budd Hopkins said that I had sent him material (he highly exaggerated the amount as I do not think that it would be possible to post anyone a box three feet wide), that included "temperatures" and that this was an example of my being somehow unbalanced..."
The rest of her statement at the following link:
http://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/6692-April-4th-show-Hopkins-Randle-amp-Jacobs/page5
Cheers,
Erik
@ Erik,
Man, the smear campaign continues. She's wearing away what sympathy I have for her with her constant smear campaigns. She needs to stop making public accusations and get a lawyer already.
I hate that I can't be blunt and state what I know, but I fear being dragged into it by Emmas "concerned friends" which act like hounds on the prowl, snatching up anything to be used as fodder.
Post a Comment