UFO Magazine

UFO Magazine

Recent Articles:

Recent Comments:

The Cool Kids:

Proud Member Of:

badge

5.28.2010

IHW: Updated Site Design

For those who care - I've made some modifications to the design of this site. A lot of the layout is intact with a few minor changes, such as line-height and the angled corners of the columns, as well as the main navigation tabs. But the most significant change is with the header image.

While I liked the previous design, after a while I wanted something that reflected my own personality better, and was a bit more 'fun'. So, I began brainstorming a few new ideas about a month ago. Finally, after tossing out some not-so-snazzy mock-ups, I came up with the current header design.

I may be tweaking things here and there, with the overall site and header itself, but I think it will probably remain pretty close to the what you see as of the date of this post.


Because I know some will ask - no, the legs aren't mine.

I'm kidding, they actually are my legs. I took a couple of leg-shots a few weeks back specifically for IHW and am pleased that at least a few turned out and that I was able to remove all of the visible cat hair that is inevitably woven into most of my clothing.

I wanted the header to have a very retro feel without using the typical 50s and 60s pop-art styles (though I do appreciate those). After choosing the type face, it became clear that with the theme, name, and magazine-ish layout of IHW, a header reminiscent of vintage magazines - particularly the pin-up rags of the late 50s and early 60s - was the way to go.

Anyhoo, as mentioned, the layout is pretty much the same, with some minor changes. I added a new link category for women's links that aren't esoteric in nature, and I got rid of the Labrys & Oregon images because they were just getting in the way of of the new header design.

This concludes my over-explanation of the new design which few of you will read past "...no, the legs aren't mine".


Take care & thanks for reading,

Deirdre

6 comments:

Alfred Lehmberg said...

Wow -- them's be _your_ stems in der strumpf hosen und der tanzen girtle? Auch du lieber, Augustine! Such a waste of wine, frauline, meine kleiner strumph-engel mit der sturm galler busen! MMM-mmm!

Deirdre said...

Not to worry, the stuff in the glass was tainted by the cork.

*wink*

Regan Lee said...

Ah, I see.. posted a comment on your post about Erik. Love the new image! Very groovy.

Alfred Lehmberg said...

...Ain't no tain't worse'n cork taint! Then you gots to tuck dem socks and soak dem corks, eh?

Wendi said...

I knew they were your legs.

Deirdre said...

I should hope so -- you've rubbed them enough =)

Post a Comment