UFO Magazine

UFO Magazine

Recent Articles:

Recent Comments:

The Cool Kids:

Proud Member Of:

badge

11.13.2009

One Denver Omelet, Hold the Ham and Cheese

By The Interstellar Housewife

A couple of weeks ago, I received a comment from the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society, an investigative organization, taking a scientific approach to the paranormal research. The comment was in response to an article I wrote a month earlier, “The Um, Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission”, which poked fun at the ridiculousness of this spacey ballot initiative.

At first, I wasn't sure if the comment, which at least sounded positive, was actually meant to be positive. After checking out the link they provided in their comment, I quickly discovered that my opinion of Peckman's ET campaign was indeed shared by them.

In fact, they've done a helluva job of presenting the big picture of this whole sketchy affair.

For those of you unaware, Peckman is tied in with Stan Romanek of alien-in-the-window fame. It has long been suspected by many, including MUFON, that the Romanek case is probably a hoax. However, this hasn't stopped Stan from jotting down the intergalactic, New Age wisdom passed down to him from the Grays, ending in a convenient little book deal. Peckman has been along for this ride, promoting Stan, promoting the supposed 'alien' agenda and, I speculate, using some of that lift to push his precious Denver commission. I mean, we are running out of time to prepare to be inducted into the Galactic Federation, after all! *wink wink nudge*

I'm not going to get into the long drawn-out details behind all of the Romanek claims (and there are some priceless ones -- not excluding: hypnotic-writing, resulting in complex mathematical equations, the obligatory abduction claim, and the aforementioned alien-in-the window), partly because I'd have to read up on all of it again, and I've had too much Merlot to ruin a good buzz. Instead, I'm just going to point you to the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society's page on Romanek.

The gals and guys over there did a great job at researching these far-out claims and present their findings in a straight-forward and often humorous manner. All of this is slyly located at a specially dedicated domain address: http://www.denveretcommission.org/

So, if you know about the Romnek/Peckman push and want to get a nice little outline of all of the suspicious bits, give this site a shot. If you haven't heard about this case, or know little about it, hit up Google, get the basic run-down, then head on over to denveretcommision.org

*This post is 100% pun-less.

0 comments:

Post a Comment