UFO Magazine

UFO Magazine

Recent Articles:

Recent Comments:

The Cool Kids:

Proud Member Of:

badge

2.22.2010

Wrapping My Lil' Head Around This

About half-an-hour ago, I received a comment response notification to a post Regan Lee made about my article "Alien Healthcare and How I Got a Unicorn".

Yes, I was criticized by someone (not Regan, to be clear) who used Mayan Prophecy as part of her argument.

I'm not even kidding.

I was a little surprised, to be honest because the post hit me for having an opinion that was the same kind of “non-productive 'Lets trash Salla and Greer and Wilcock and and and' bile that gets spewed around on any of the male-dominant sites.” Because, you know, I'm not allowed to agree with boys about anything. Not only is it the Women in UFOlogy code, but also the Lesbian code (of which I have probably been in breech of for years) *laughs*


At the risk of, pardon the pun, "alienating" myself on this blog, how is this any different than any of the non-productive "Lets trash Salla and Greer and Wilcock and and and" bile that gets spewed around on any of the male-dominant sites re: anything having to do with "benevolence" of inter-dimensional or off-world beings?

Not very original or news-worthy or contributing to the continuum in any way shape or form.

She also has obviously never heard of galactic history, Zacharia Sitchen, Graham Hancock, Lloyd Pye, Mayan prophecy, our role in the cosmos, etc. etc.

Read the whole comment here


I think the problem is that this individual thought that I was not validating her positive experience with extra-terrestrial/dimensional beings. I never said that positive experiences haven't happened. I was discussing the negative ones and how being removed against your will is usually not considered a 'positive' thing. But most of you probably knew that.

Anyhoo, here is the link to the article and comments. I've responded but it's in the approval queue, so may not be posted yet when you check the page.

Edit 2.23.2010:
Lesley has posted her opinion about this as well, over at her site the The Debris Field.

11 comments:

Bob Koford said...

Oh man...I wanna male dominating UFO flag. Hooorah!

Deirdre said...

They have parades too, you know. ;)

LesleyinNM said...

I commented on this at the debris field, but I wasn't offended by your post and I normally am the one that sticks up for the so-called woo-woos. I thought you made it pretty clear that not everyone has a bad experience and you were referring to the ones that do. I also felt you made it clear that you didn't believe that everyone in Exopo felt that all aliens are good (or bad). I personally believe in the good, the bad and the ugly - in every type of being. Then again, highly possible they have no concept of good or evil at all, that could be purley a human thing.

Anonymous said...

You big meanie, picking on Greer, Salla, Wilcock, et al!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!! LMFAO!!

I hafta draw the line at mocking Mayan Prophecy y'know!! LOL!!

Erik said...

Man, I can't stand effitism. Any of it. This is Erik the ex-soldier speaking.

Bottom line: This is America. You have a right to an opinion in a public forum. It doesn't have to be agreed with and it doesn't have to be disagreed with but it does have to be respected in as much that it is your right to have it and voice it. Using unproven otherworldly criteria as the basis of judgement and critique against that right is just ignorant. And it pisses me off.

Listen lady (not you Deirdre) whether you realize or not, this is America and your attitude and opinion is allowed to be bandied about and flaunted as such, no matter how ridiculously it is brought forth because and only because a SOLDIER DIED FOR YOUR RIGHT TO DO THAT!!!!!!!! A real human being, not some goofy assed alien bullshit. A person died for you to sound like a complete Fucktard!! Appreciate it and further more EARN IT!

Blood spilled and ran for all of your freedoms woman. Stick that in your continuum and smoke it you Ditz!!

That is all,

Erik (sheesh! Some people's raisin'!)

(Sorry Deirdre. I can't stand it when people take their freedoms for granted or attribute them to some mamby-pamby, airy-fairy imagination driven realm of highly questionable origins. Friggin' nutters I swear. Don't let me meet this woman face to face. Language that would make a Sailor blush would definitely ensue. Ashtar Command can shove it in their collective imaginary ass but only after I get two boots in it. Why? Because it's the Goddamned American way! Don't like it? Then git!!!)

Deirdre said...

@Lesley - Thanks. And I'm not against all *woo* just some of the more *wooey, woo* -- if that makes any sense.

I had noted -- I think twice (at this point I am not gonna read the fucking thing over a tenth time to see what I wrote, lol)-- that of course not everyone involved with blah blah blah believes this or that way. I mean, if someone bitches about any kind of politics, it's usually about the ideas behind it or the more notable figures involved -- not everyone who subscribes. At least this is how I catch things. So the same kind of applied here. And also, if people in Exopolitics don't like the how it is perceived by others, then they should take that up with the flag carriers and the people who are claiming to be their leaders.

At some point when I was writing my final response late last night, I was suddenly like "Woah, wait a second... I'm explaining myself to someone who accused me of not being knowledgeable of Galactic History. WTF?" So I just finished it up in good faith to try one last time to answer her questions. She can get pissed at me all she likes about how I think about Exopolitics. But it won't change anything.

Unless of course it's proven that they're all correct. In which case I'll bend over for the paddle.

Deirdre said...

@Erik

LOL. No worries or need to apologize. Her and I are both entitled, as is everyone. But no one is entitled to explain themselves. Which I did 3 times, out of courtesy. =)

And I have exercised my right to sound like a complete fucktard on many occasions. But like most Fucktardism, its subjective.

I appreciate everyone's support. This is but a little thing that I believe originally stemmed from a misunderstanding and then morphed into something else to stay afloat.


You're a peach!

~Deirdre

Deirdre said...

@Dad

Perhaps not strangely, I have been called a meanie many times.

I could pick on Strawberry Shortcake and I'm sure someone would be offended and assume I meant that *everyone* who owns a Strawberry Shortcake is a jerkface, and not just Strawberry, Lemon, Huckleberry and Apple Dumplin'.

Erik said...

Hey Deirdre, thanks.

My issue wasn't her opinion per se. My issue was that she was concerned about how yours or her's or anybody's opinion affected "the continuum". What fucking bloody lunatic continuum? Ashtar Command? Q? What a dipshit. Is this Star Trek or real life? Bobble Heads from Zeti Reticuli don't exist until proven they do therefore opinions pissing off imaginary characters from MeepZorp Beta 6 means about shit squat. And so what if it did. This is our planet. Nuke 'em.

Her right to her opinion and anybody's right in this country, came from a dead soldier. No place else.

Tell that luna-freak to go spout off like some bizarre, lunatic female in downtown Bhagdad and see how long she gets away with it before she has a brain bucket full of lead and rocks.

That's my point. A dead soldier sacrificed their life for her rights thus giving/protecting them.

Saying that our opinion offends something in make-believe land really pisses me off and disrespects those who really gave her that freedom.

I'm putting way too much energy into this. Up against the wall with her and I'll smoke her last damn cigarette the stupid primadona space cadet.

I'm thinking this gal should stay in seclusion and practice being Dr. Greer's Saucer Whore and just shut the hell up.

Sorry again. Once a troop, always a troop.

Fuck 'em.

My .02 USD whether you like it or not, made hot and served cold...

Erik

Deirdre said...

What is it that Jeff says?

Oh, yes:

"Exopolitics is Dungeons & Dragons for Grown-ups"

Erik said...

Jeff is correctomundo....No that's what Fonzi says....damn.

Post a Comment