UFO Magazine

UFO Magazine

Recent Articles:

Recent Comments:

The Cool Kids:

Proud Member Of:

badge

3.02.2010

A Raymond Chandler Evening

I've got 2 long articles I can't seem to finish. One is for WOE and the other for here... I think. I've got a little bit of block and there hasn't been a whole lot of nuttiness going on as of late -- aside from MOD's order to destroy all future UFO reports after 30 days (to avoid having to release them to the public). Frankly, I'm surprised they released anything in the first place. So, with relative quiet on the UFOlogical front, there's not much to pick on.

Although I did hear someone use the phrase "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" for the 4th time in a week. It's a particular peeve of mine, since its a peculiar saying that tends to stand glaringly out when in use -- and it is in use a lot during paranormal interviews. And besides, I dislike children, so naturally, I would want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. If anything, I'd be more inclined to save the bathwater. It's not unlike "having my cake and eating it to", though I haven't eaten any children (in case that wasn't clear).


A lot of the past few days has mostly been me reading through my Alerts, trying to find something of interest, with little luck. This is when I end up watching documentaries or listening to music in a slight haze of cigarette smoke and candlelight. My boredom has increased tenfold as of late, which, in the case of last night, lead me to a documentary called "Roswell: The UFO Uncoverup".

I don't know why I do that to myself. Roswell is one of those cases which cause me to groan about every time it's mentioned. Yet occasionally, I will go out of my way to watch documentaries about it. This documentary had a kind of hokey flare to it (imagine that!), and I zoned out a bit near the end when someone began discussing 3rd and 4th Densities which triggered some flashbacks of Zeta Talk c. 2002. And as expected, this lead to flashbacks of 2003 when everyone was waiting for Nibiru to give us a good whoopin'. Of course, that never happened -- or it did, as some people claim, explaining that the rogue planet passed through our solar system in a different density. Oh, and the poles shifted too... just not here in our meager little slice of 3rd Density Peach Cobbler.

If the mythical Marduk does appear and devastates our wee planet, I wonder how HAARP will beat the rap.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Marduk is a god, he would proclaim himself as such and take as much credit for destruction that's due him. Gods are like that.

HAARP, a weapon (or not) that's always under the cloak of plausible deniability will let Marduk take all the credit he wants.

Good for you?

Bob Koford said...

I dislike children, so naturally, I would want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

ok....I'm afraid you just lost me, somewhat, with this phrase. It is a complete disregard for yourself, as you should be.

The fact is, if we were all a little MORE like children (for instance: usually left on their own, children do not even know what predjudice is and will play with any other child)we would be far better off in this hate-filled world of ours.

I'm sorry you feel that way. :(

Erik said...

Looks to me like you just wrote your article for here as the bulk of the topics you just mentioned above can't really be expounded on any further than what you have already done without risking ridicule and mockery.

Well done,

Erik

Deirdre said...

LOL. Yes, you're probably right. And I covered Nibiru in great detail already. Oh, and how many times can we be force fed that same newspaper photo of Jesse Marcel holding foil?

Deirdre said...

@Dad - Yes, that works for me!

HAARP is a very suspicious thing, and I have often wondered about it. My only complaint (ok, so I don't have just one complaint about anything) is that it has gotten to a point where any kind of natural disaster is suspected to be HAARPs doing. Maybe some are, maybe none are. But it's kind of like the hardcore conspiracy kids forgot that natural disasters do happen... well, naturally.

Erik said...

Concerning the Marcel photo, I am really surprised that a trend hasn't happened whereupon photoshop types start making Jesse look like he is holding something else like a giant slice of pizza, an alien baby or Lady GaGa's latest CD or...

You know, kinda like the famous Einstein photo of him in front of the chalkboard in which photoshoppers have him writing anything from sales ads to tic tac toe.

Deirdre said...

LOL. Or at the very least, Andy Warholize the photo in a 4-panel neon layout.

Deirdre said...

@Bob - I don't know what to say, other than Children and I have never meshed well. I have virtually no maternal instinct. I don't hate or dislike the wonder and awe of children. Actually, I don't hate children at all. I am just not typically fond of them.

I have 3 very lovely nephews who I adore, and will probably be the closest thing to children of my own, I will ever have.

But that is not an excuse -- there is a running joke about me and children among friends and family with how awkward I am around them and that I would 'probably eat them if I could'. So that's where all that came from.

I'm a little surprised that bothered you as much as it did. It was not something I thought anyone would take seriously.

Bob Koford said...

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get all bent outta shape or nuttin, just made me sad that you feel that way...that's all.

The relationship to your varied statements is in that they are all negative, but I definitely agree that information on this subject gets tedious, and at times so disjointed, and mixed with other types of wild information that it seems like more of a distraction from the truth, rather than an exploration of it.

Deirdre said...

Well good, because I love ya =)

Erik said...

Aaawwwwww....I Love, Love!

Bob Koford said...

< lip quivering > ...and I...I think yer swell too...Dee...may I call you Dee? < / lip quivering > [Enter Erik, eyeing Bob with suspicion] ;)

Deirdre said...

Touché, Erik. Touché

Bob - Certainly. I used to hate the name, but so many people call me it now, it's kind of grown on me a bit. My future Mother-In-Law started it, and since I couldn't really tell her "no", I let it slide. But yes, Bob -- most of my friends call me Dee ;)

I put my foot down at "Dee Dee", however, even though it reminds me of Dee Dee McCall from the 80s cop show "Hunter".

Regan Lee said...

I work with children, and care about them, but I also care about a lot of other things as well. It's not a contest. And I've been married 33 years, and no kids, and that's by choice. Which baffles the fucking fuck out of a lot of people. How could that be, they gasp. What do you do all day, they wonder. Oy.

Deirdre said...

Thats how I am with my nephews. I get to hang with them, play legos or games or what have you, and then I get to go home and not have children around.

Something interesting, and this has been sort of a conflict in my relationship from time to time, is that Maggie isn't sure if she wants kids or not. She simply adores them, and relates to children on a level I cannot comprehend. Basically we agreed to 'cross that bridge when we come to it'. I did say to her a few weeks ago, that if we ever felt we were in a place where we would both want to have a child, I would prefer to adopt a special-needs child, which would not be easy for sure, but someone needs to love and raise them!

Deirdre said...

PS It was kind of hot how you said "fucking fuck" just then.

Post a Comment