I'm just finishing up my next column for UFO Magazine. Got to it a little late, as my world has been nothing short of strange and chaotic since mid August. But Autumn is here, my mind has calmed, and I'm looking forward to the colder months with what remaining leaves there are on the trees, followed by the onset of Winter (I am hopeful for a decent amount of snow in Portland, this year).
I'd been out of touch for the last few months, as noted, and so the the last couple of weeks have been spent catching up on all the UFOlogical zaniness I had missed. Not a whole Hell of a lot has happened (much to my unsurprise). There were some predictions, some more sightings, some speculations on the possible rocket launch in in Southern California, the failure of Jeff Peckman's kooky ballot measure and such, but that's been about it.
The Emma Woods / David Jacobs story is hitting a little harder with Jeremy's recent article in UFO Magazine. Gary Haden has also been covering the story for many months over on his site, Speculative Realms.
I wanted to throw out a plug for a Podcast I have been enjoying immensely, as it's geared more towards my line of thinking. That show is The Devil's Advocate with David Rountree and Stephen Rorke. I first heard David and Stephen on Paratopia episode #65. It's nice to see people with science backgrounds discussing paranormal happenings and educating the listenership with facts and theories based on those facts, as opposed to the usual cacophony of bologna and bullshit.
By the way, if you were sleeping in yesterday or haven't been paying attention, the Chandra X-Ray Observatory discovered what may possibly be a young black hole in the M100 Galaxy. Or it may be a young neutron star. In any event, pretty interesting news for those of you turned on by more than just saucers and almond-eyed aliens.
Though it resides in our 'galactic neighborhood', as NASA put it, the object is located about 50 million light years away, so cast aside any fear of ending up in the gravitational attraction of SN 1979C.
11.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
50 million light-years is hard to consider "in the neighborhood", but it's a nice safe distance to plant in folks' minds.
That's safer than to think about paranormal entities using "wormholes" that enter the Hudson River Valley or the Skinwalker Ranch, which folks would rather ignore.
~dad
Ya know, I always meant to look more into the reports of Skinwalker Ranch. I know surprisingly little about it.
Been listening to Paracast, haven't you! :p
~Deirdre
Been listening to Paracast, haven't you!
Yes yer honor, guilty as charged! *kicks stone, hangs head*
But I've been listening to Ecker's show too, probably more of than Gene's.
And since Jeremy and Jeff started charging for theirs, well, I can't afford to pay for what once was free, even though they have to eat too.
~dad
Post a Comment