While most of us will not find the following article surprising in the least, some may. Recently I have been in contact with an individual of an organization (in the field of UFOs and Abduction) due to a volunteer request. I was asked questions that are a little beyond the scope of a job interview, some of them pretty personal (such as my experience in this area, my reasons for being involved, how long I have been interested in this sort of thing, and so on. We even touched upon family life a bit).
I had no problems with this kind of interview because I understand that in this field it is in the best interest of the organization to try and weed out phonies or people who would seek to undermine the organization or the entire field in general. The woman interviewing me apologized if her questions seemed as distrustful, which was refreshing that she acknowledged the sensitivity of this. I assured her that I completely understood and that I would have employed similar precautions.
Here is an article I found this morning which points out why there may be a need for more precautionary steps in this area of research and study (I say "may" because I cannot confirm the validity of the original article):
A UFO conspiracy theorist versus a UFO conspiratologist
By Norio Hayakawa
For example, a creation and manipulation of such “cover stories” may have taken place during the mid 1980s to the early 1990s when several sensitive projects such as the stealth technology, hypersonic spy planes as well as remotely-controlled platforms such as UAVs and UCAVs programs were conducted at locations such as at Area 51. Bringing about the “laughter curtain” to the public (for example., creation of “flying saucers” stories or “alien” technology stories) to the goings-on at the Groom complex in Nevada seems to have been a brilliant strategy conceived by both the defense contractors and the Department of the Air Force.
Read more at the source










0 comments:
Post a Comment